Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 2

Okay, I had insomnia all last night—can I blame that on my not playing app games?

My second day of cold turkey. No discernible difference in my day, though I seemed to move more efficiently from point A to point B. The day seemed to drag a bit, but maybe that was the zombie effect from a lost night of sleep. My friend Denis pointed out that playing games allows you to withdraw from the world for a little while, and that can be a good thing (Pusher! Pusher!). Of course, he's also the one who just challenged me to a Scrabble game (though to be fair, he hadn't read the blog before challenging me). Hmmm...

Okay, so many of you have winkled out the television show I was on, or happened to catch my episode when it aired two nights ago. Thank you for your very kind words. I, being the Richard Blais of TV acting, could not bear to watch it, but I'm sure I'll still cringe at the VERY ersatz Chinese. Maybe I'll work up the courage later. Probably not. For those who are dying to see it, you can go onto Fox.com/chicagocode and the episode is called "Mrs. O'Leary's Cow." I'm in two scenes. The show has a good look.

6 comments:

  1. Sheesh...just because you can't bear to watch it doesn't mean we can't bear to watch it. I'll check out your episode today and certainly be very impressed with your acting (as always).

    While I agree that games can be a good thing (as can social media), sometimes you need to cleanse. I periodically quit caffeine just to know I can, and the same goes for games (I'm talking to you Scrabble and Text Twist) and social media (take that, Facebook). So, I deactivated my FB account, which has also temporarily cured me of Scrabble. (So no, I didn't defriend YOU - I defriended EVERYBODY).

    So don't say goodbye to the birds forever. Let 'em fly, but maybe let 'em have a few days to lay some eggs.

    Oh, and reading is also a good way to withdraw from the world for a little while. As is turning off NPR (which I did about the same time as I deactivated my FB). Feels good not to hear about the Tea Party (at least for now).

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! (BTW, FYI, I am using that acronym ironically.) (Not.) My TiVo taped that episode, but I haven't gotten to it yet. I've been fast-forwarding through the episodes to find YOUR episode, and was sure I'd missed your week.

    It is a beautifully filmed show, even doing double-time through it you can tell that. And for those of you who used to call it home, Chicago looks gorgeous where it should be gorgeous, and nasty where it is unarguably so. Enjoy the nostalgia factor in addition to, no doubt, the heroic performance of our beloved Mr. Sie. One thing is for certain: James + Chicago = Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently your friend Denis doesn't know the extent of your Scrablle prowess...poor schmuck, he's going to get beat down like I did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guess what? Some people still live in Chicago! And we've even figures out how to use the internet. James, I was pleasantly surprised to see you on my TV. Here's my question: Why can't they get the Chicago police cars to look like Chicago police cars? Is it some legal thing? It's just so jarring to see the wrong font and some fake seal on a supposedly Chicago cop car.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very good question, Anonymous. I will try to root around for an answer. My guess is that it's a matter of image. When Shawn Ryan did "The Shield" the L.A. police dept. didn't want to be perceived as condoning the actions of the police on that show, so they had to change the uniforms and the police cars. See what listening to audio commentary will yield?

    ReplyDelete